Efficient. Reliable. Economical.
Wire Rope Slings
Wire rope slings are strong, efficient, and reliable accessories in the material handling industry. Wire rope functions as an excellent sling material in applications where a combination of strength and abrasion resistance are necessary. Wire rope slings are available in an array of configurations to fit almost any application.
ORDERING WIRE ROPE SLINGS
Part number break-down for wire rope slings
- Determine the load: The weight of the load must be known. This is always the starting point for selecting any sling
- Decide the hitch: Shape and bulk of the load must be accommodated as well as weight. One of the three basic hitches (vertical, choker, and vertical basket) will be sufficient for most lifts. The distinction for multiple leg bridle slings should be made during step two.
- Room to lift: Make certain the lifting device has sufficient headroom to raise the load to the height required. Headroom will affect the length of the sling.
- Length of the sling: By combining your decision regarding the type of hitch and headroom needed for maneuverability, the length of the sling needs can be calculated.
- Diameter of Sling: Determine the diameter of wire rope required to meet needed capacity for the lift.
- Working Load Limits: Double check that the combination of sling type, length and diameter chosen meet the working load limit when rigged at the desired angles. See Working Load Limit chart for further reference.
WIRE ROPE SLING TYPES
|EE - Eye & Eye||STST - Slip Thru Thimble & Slip Thru Thimble||TT - Thimble & Thimble|
|EH - Eye & Hook||CTCT - Crescent Thimble & Crescent Thimble||TH - Thimble & Hook|
MULTI-LEG BRIDLE SLING TYPES
|Two Leg Bridle Sling||Three Leg Bridle Sling||Four Leg Bridle Sling|
SINGLE LEG WIRE ROPE SLING SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES
TWO LEG BRIDLE WIRE ROPE SLING SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES
THREE LEG BRIDLE WIRE ROPE SLING SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES
FOUR LEG BRIDLE WIRE ROPE SLING SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES
1 ton = 2000lbs.
Warning: Horizontal sling angles less than 30° shall not be used.
Do not exceed rated capacities.
*Rated capacities basket hitch based on D/d ratio of 25.
**Working load limit based on standard carbon fittings unless stated otherwise.